Monday, July 8, 2013

The importance of (multiple) backups in my #arduino project.

You may be wondering why I haven't posted in a while. First, we were busy with life, Cub Scout camp, graduation parties, etc. The thing, though, that was the worst is I lost my thumb drive. I had done all of my development on a thumb drive so that I could work on it whenever inspiration struck. One day I plugged it in and the computer didn't recognize it. Tried another machine and it told me that it must be formatted before it can be used.

No biggie, I had a backup!

Famous last words... The next day, I bought a new thumb drive. It is a gorilla ruggedized drive. I use portable apps from portableapps.com and it has an integrated backup and restore feature. I installed the basics on my new thumb drive and clicked restore only to find the restore directory empty. 

Luckily, most of my code is on the blog. So I'm rebuilding my development environment. See you back soon with more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment