Saturday, May 11, 2013

Eureka...and more

Tonight, I pulled all 36 pins from the Arduino and the breakout boards. I then connected 1 wire to what I thought was pin 17 and the other to what I thought was pin 1. I wrote a quick script to blink these pins with 500 ms delay between. A red LED started blinking. Turns out, what I thought was pin 1, wasn't. I moved the pins down the row, one at a time lighting column 2-8 red, then the green columns. Now that I know what is what, I quickly started rewiring. This time I noticed that that top row of pins on the right were not pins 22-23, but 5 volt leads and the next 2 pins are actually correct. Now I was able to write a script to make an "X" with one green line and one blue one. I'll post the code tomorrow. Now I have to see how to mix colors.

The "and more" part? The stepper motor has finally arrived!!! I can't wait to start playing with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment