Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Too sure of myself

Brimming with confidence, thinking that I completely understood shift registers and without a single simple experiment to insure that I did, I dove into building this circuit. This circuit includes the RGB led matrix that I've spoken of and 4 shift registers. 1 for the 8 anode connections and the other three controlling the red, green, and blue connections of the diodes. One shift register is dedicated to each color. I used some code that was written for high speed led control. I compiled it and installed it on my Arduino board and watched, to my amazement, as absolutely nothing happened. Sigh. Since I have a ton of shift registers, but no bread boards, I am resigned to tearing this apart to do some experimenting that I, obviously, should have done in the first place. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment